|Freedom from Eating Disorders|
|Eating Disorder Recovery|
Christian Counseling for anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS and binge eating disorder.
Benefits of Online Christian Counseling for Eating Disorders
· You may e-mail at a time and in a place convenient for you and receive a well thought out reply within 24 hours.
· You can communicate with someone who understands what you are going through and even ask her to pray for you.
· E-mail counseling provides a written record of vital parts of your journey, including your own concerns as well as the support and encouragement of your counselor.
||What You Get
||This Option is Best for Those Who
|Three e-mails per week
||Want to work through underlying issues and
have consistent help, especially new clients
|One e-mail per week
||Want to work through underlying issues, but
are on a budget or have limited time to e-mail
When you sign up for Christian counseling for anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS or binge eating disorder, depending on which option you choose, Laurie Glass will do the following and more:
· Listen to your concerns about your eating disorder behaviors as well as underlying issues of your eating disorder
· Provide accountability, advice, suggestions and support as well as share encouraging scriptures
· Share pieces of her own recovery journey
· Pray for you
· Suggest journaling exercises
· Help you in your relationship with God
· Assist you in defining accurate identity in Christ
· Aid you in letting go of guilt and shame
· Help you change your thoughts, replacing lies and negative thoughts with the truth and positive statements
· Assist you in finding healthy ways to express your emotions
Find out more about Christian Counselor for Eating Disorders, Laurie Glass.
Click here if you feel unsure about signing up for online Christian counseling for your eating disorder. Let me introduce myself and my services to you through this video.
If you are suicidal or in danger in some way and need immediate help, see the Crisis Hotlines page for numbers you may call if you are in a crisis.
* * * * * *
Read what counseling clients have to say about the e-mail counseling they received from Laurie Glass.
If you feel alone, hopeless, discouraged, stuck, and as if an eating disorder is permanently branded in who you are, I highly recommend Laurie. I was in that place when I first contacted Laurie 6 months ago. Her non-judgmental warmness and honest insight allowed me to be open and honest with my struggles, which is key to recovery. She is truly passionate and genuine in freeing people from eating disorders. She gets to the root of the problems and gently nudges you towards healing & freedom with biblical truth.
Laurie made God and the Bible more real to me, and it's a crucial part of my recovery now. I've made more progress than ever before with minimal relapses. Recovery is an ongoing process, but Laurie passes the wisdom and tools to keep me moving forward to healing. You need a partner in overcoming eating disorders and Laurie is a partner that I highly recommend. Thanks Laurie!
-Recovering anorexic, bulimic, and overeater
Working with Laurie, has been different from any other help. She cares about you and can relate to your struggle since she has been there herself. While helping you through your struggles, she points it all back to God who is the ultimate healer. Laurie has helped me view myself through God's eyes by helping me replace lies and false beliefs with scriptures and truth. It can be a hard and challenging process, but one that Laurie helps encourage you through the entire way.
I have found the online counseling gave me a safe place where I could voice my struggles and in many ways, being via email made it even easier to be honest. The feedback I received from Laurie was fantastic and God centered. I remember thinking she was the most 'positive' on my management team, as she often pointed out to me the positive steps I'd taken in any given situation and helped me focus on that. It helped me to balance my thinking and gave me hope that things could get better.
To anyone suffering eating disorders; the process of recovery is often long, difficult and very lonely. You need people to walk through it with you. I would definitely not underestimate the benefit and even necessity of having a such caring, Christ-focused, positive and yet still constructive influence, such as Laurie, on your team and recommend her wholeheartedly.
Options for Online Christian Counseling for Eating Disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS and binge eating disorder
Option 1 - If you would like to have regular contact with your counselor, feel in need of a lot of support, and want to really delve into the underlying issues, you can sign up to receive up to three e-mail exchanges during the week (so Laurie will reply to up to three e-mails). The fee for one week is $50.00. Since it takes at least a few e-mails to get a good start to counseling, this is probably the best option for most new clients and then decide from there which option is the best fit.
Option 2 - If you don't feel you have time for multiple e-mails in a week, are pleased with the therapy you are getting but also want some help with your relationship with God and His role in your recovery or other extra help, or if you're on a tight budget, you may sign up for just one e-mail exchange at a time. The cost for one e-mail exchange is $25.00.
1. Add the following e-mail address to your address book - freedom6ATfreedomfromedDOTcom.
2. Read the Counseling Agreement.
3. Copy and paste the Questionnaire below in the e-mail form below, answer the questions and click Send.
4. Use the PayPal button below to pay for whichever e-mail option you choose. You may also use this PayPal button for subsequent weeks of counseling. A week goes from Monday through Friday, though services are not available on holidays. Please make your payment no later than Sunday evening of the week you would like to sign up.
Please copy/paste the following questionnaire into the comments box in the e-mail form below. Use this questionnaire for either of the options. Please answer each question. There are no right or wrong answers. You will not be judged by your answers to any of these questions. The purpose is to provide your counselor with helpful background information about you so she may better assist you. Simply be honest with your answers.
First and last name:
Number of children and their ages:
Have you been diagnosed with an eating disorder?
If so, what eating disorder do you have?
How long have you had it?
If not, what is the nature of your food issues?
Are you currently seeking or receiving therapy or any type of professional help?
If so, please explain.
Are you currently seeing a dietitian or nutritionist?
If so, please explain.
Do you consider yourself to be a Christian?
What would you like to accomplish through e-mail counseling?
Is there anything else about yourself that you think may be helpful for your counselor to know?
How did you find this website?