Bible verses about identity in Christ can help you if you struggle with your identity. Perhaps you think very little of yourself. It may seem impossible to you to see yourself through God’s eyes. Maybe you’ve heard the phrase identity in Christ, but wondered what it means and how it applies to you.
Bible verses about identity in Christ can help us avoid the ways we might otherwise identify ourselves. We often place our identity in what we think of ourselves or how others view us. We place our identity in things like our appearance, our work or our relationships. But what happens when opinions of us change? What happens when something about us or our circumstances in life change? Our identity is shaken. So why not place our identity in the One who never changes? By using Bible verses about identity in Christ, we’ll have a solid foundation.
How can you see your identity in Christ? Why not start by looking at the following Bible verses about identity in Christ that outline what God has in mind for us once we enter into a personal relationship with Him? If you’re unsure about whether you’ve entered a personal relationship with God or want to learn more about how to come to Him, see "How I Came to Know the Lord" on the Christian Recovery page.
Bible verses about identity in Christ
1. God the Father sent His Son Jesus to make eternal life in heaven possible for you. Once you’ve accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, you gain a close connection with Him as well as access to His power in your life.
· “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” John 15:15
· “And you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.” Col. 2:10
2. As God’s creation, understand that He knows you better than anyone and He is interested in everything about you and in every detail of your life.
· “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Luke 12:7
· “See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.” Isa. 49:16
3. As your Creator and as someone who knows you intimately, God has a purpose for your life. You may sometimes question this and it may not always feel true, but it remains true even when your purpose isn’t clear to you.
· “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for us to do.” Eph. 2:10
· “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.” Phil. 1:6
Bible verses about identity in Christ show you that through Him you have unfathomable value. In Christ you have intimacy with your Creator. Bible verses about identity in Christ reveal that you have unconditional love poured over you. In Christ you can hold your head high because you are a child of the King. In Christ you have the power.
I encourage you to cling to the Bible verses about identity in Christ listed above. Let them aid you in seeing your identity in Christ. Also, if you haven’t already done this, I urge you to read Psalm 139 and insert your name anywhere the words I, me or my appear. As you do, may your value, your identity in Christ, be apparent to you.
By Laurie Glass